C-Section mama of three here to tell you what I have learned is best to have with you in your hospital bag with a free printable checklist
This post contains affiliate links to products that I suggest
- Nursing tank tops
- Robe/ Cardigan
- Sweat/ Lounge Pants – Make sure the waist band is super soft and loose
- Nursing friendly pajamas/ nightgown – Nurses will check you every so often (down there)
- Slippers with traction
- High waisted underwear
- Belly band
- Nursing Pads
- Nipple cream
Keep in mind that you will be feeling swollen, sweaty and still have that baby belly. Don’t wear tight clothes just be comfy!
- Body lotion- I wear non fragrant when I have little babies
- Tooth brush
- Tooth paste
- Hair brush
- Hair ties
- Bobby pins
- Any hair products you like to use – Ex: dry shampoo
- Makeup you will want – I just packed the basics for photos, no need to include makeup if it’s not your thing
- Your daily skincare products – Ex: cleanser,toner,moisturizer
Take a shower, wash your hair, shave etc. if you can before your c-section. Take travel sizes for your personal care items.
- Camera & Charger – Pack your best camera! You will never get these first days back so take LOTS of pictures! Make sure you are in them too. You will not feel a million bucks but you will be so happy you did in the future.
- Phone & Charger
- Journal – I have one for each of my kids that I write to them in. This is the perfect time to do that. Especially to tell the new baby about the day s/he was born while its fresh in your mind.
- Pillow from home
- Healthy Snacks – I like to bring snacks such as Luna or Cliff bars, dried fruit. You will be up a lot at night with your baby and you never want to be stuck without anything to eat. I personally tend to get really hungry and thirsty while nursing.
The Hospital may provide during your stay